“I am in my 24th year as a professional massage and bodywork therapist. In 1992, after completing a certification program in acupressure, massage and bodywork , I founded AcuPolarity Wellness Center. This initial training in acupressure was followed by more Asian bodywork training and extensive training in Polarity Therapy. In addition to the the massage and bodywork training, I completed my BA degree in 2012 and my master’s degree in Adlerian Psychotherapy and counseling in 2015. My approach is to do my very best to apply the most helpful holistic principles and techniques to your unique needs.
– Richard Chandler, 2015
Degrees, Certifications and 1,973 hours of vocational training include:
- 615 hours of certified training, through the Polarity Training Institute, began in 1994 and competed in 1998. Designation from the International Polarity Education Alliance is PTP – Polarity Therapy Professional
- Certified Acupressurist. [CA]. 374 hours from The Acupressure Institute of Berkeley, CA from 1992–1995.Yoga Teacher Training, which includes approximately 296 hours of training in the Hatha Yoga styles of Ashtanga or Power Yoga, Polarity Yoga and Acu-Yoga as well as 236 hours of Shambhala Training in mindfulness meditation.
- Continuing Education in Polarity Therapy, Oriental healthcare & 203 hours. Herbal, nutritional supplement, natural therapies assessment and treatment & wellness training – 58 hours. Midwest Institute of Herbal Studies – 80 hours. Reiki Training, 27 hours, Alexander Technique, 79 hours, 5 hours on Traditional Asian bodywork training.
- BA degree from St. Cloud State University 2012
- MA degree in Aderian Counseling & Psychotherapy from the Adler Graduate School of MN